|Full Name||Helder C. R. de Oliveira.|
|Languages||Portuguese (native), English (CLB 8), and Italian (beginner).|
- Medical imaging with a focus on machine learning and computer vision.
University of Calgary, Canada – Postdoctoral Fellow.
- Dept. of Electrical and Software Engineering.
- Biometric Technologies Laboratory.
- I do research on topics related to Bayesian networks.
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, University of São Paulo (USP), Brazil.
- WES Canadian equivalent: Doctorate degree.
- Thesis: "New Approaches for Automatic Detection of Architectural Distortion in Digital Mammography and Digital Breast Tomosynthesis".
- Sandwich period at University of Rome - Tor Vergata, Italy, under supervision of professor Arianna Mencattini and funded by Erasmus Mundus program, from Dec/2016 to Jun/2017.
M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, University of São Paulo (USP), Brazil.
- WES Canadian equivalent: Master’s degree.
- Thesis: "Proposal of Radiation Dose Reduction in Digital Mammography Using New Algorithms for Poisson Noise Filtering".
Software Development Skills
- Programming Languages: Python, MATLAB, R, C, C++
- Libraries: Jupyter Notebook, Numpy, Scipy, Matplotlib, StatsModels, Scikit-Learn, Scikit-Image, Seaborn, TensorFlow, Keras, PyAgrum, Semopy.
Journal / Reviewer
- International Journal of Medical Informatics: 1x2018, 2x2019.
- Scientific Reports: 1x2020, 2x2021.
- Computers in Biology and Medicine: 1x2020.
- IEEE Access: 1x2020, 1x2021.
- IEEE Computational Intelligence Magazine (CIM): 1x2021.
- MDPI Biosensors: 2x2021.
- MDPI Biomolecules: 1x2021.
- MDPI Big Data and Cognitive Computing: 2x2021.
- MDPI Int'l Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health: 1x2021.
- MDPI Diagnostics: 1x2022.
- Journal of Electronic Imaging: 1x2022.
- Physics in Medicine & Biology: 1x2022.
Conferences / Reviewer
- IEEE Int'l Conf. on Autonomous Systems (IEEE ICAS): 2021.
- IEEE Int'l Conf. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (IEEE SMC): 2020.
- IEEE Symp. Series on Computational Intelligence (IEEE SSCI): 2020, 2021.
- Hobbies: Philately (the art of collecting stamps).